Who we are
Our website address is: https://myleadpoint.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We will not share your data with anyone with out your consent.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
You contact information is only accessible by LeadPoint DMS staff. This will not be shared without your consent.
How we protect your data
LeadPoint DMS adheres to the data protections standards required by Australian Law. These standards are detailed at Electronic Frontiers Australia.
What data breach procedures we have in place
As soon as a theft, data breach or exposure containing LeadPoint DMS Protected data or LeadPoint DMS Sensitive data is identified, the process of removing all access to that resource will begin.
The Director will chair an incident response team to handle the breach or exposure.
The team will include members from:
• IT Infrastructure
• IT Applications
• Finance (if applicable)
• Human Resources
• The affected unit or department that uses the involved system or output or whose data may have been breached or exposed
• Additional departments based on the data type involved, additional individuals as deemed necessary by the Executive Director
Confirmed theft, breach or exposure of LeadPoint DMS data
The Director will be notified of the theft, breach or exposure. ITSEC, along with the designated forensic team, will analyse the breach or exposure to determine the root cause.
Work with Forensic Investigators
As provided by LeadPoint DMS cyber insurance, the insurer will need to provide access to forensic investigators and experts that will determine how the breach or exposure occurred; the types of data involved; the number of internal/external individuals and/or organizations impacted; and analyse the breach or exposure to determine the root cause.
Develop a communication plan.
Work with LeadPoint DMS communications, legal and human resource departments to decide how to communicate the breach to:
- internal employees, b)
- the public, and
- those directly affected.
Ownership and Responsibilities
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Sponsors – Sponsors are those employees of LeadPoint DMS that have primary responsibility for maintaining any particular information resource. Sponsors may be designated by any LeadPoint DMS Executive in connection with their administrative responsibilities, or by the collection, development, or storage of information.
• IT Administrator is that employee of LeadPoint DMS, designated by the Executive Director, who provides administrative support for the implementation, oversight and coordination of security procedures and systems with respect to specific information resources in consultation with the relevant Sponsors.
• Users include all employees of LeadPoint DMS to the extent they have authorized access to information resources, and may include staff, contractors, consultants, and temporary employees.
• The Incident Response Team shall be chaired by Executive Management and shall include, but will not be limited to, the following representatives: IT-Infrastructure, IT-Application Security; Communications; Legal; Management; Financial Services, Human Resources.
Any LeadPoint DMS personnel found in violation of this policy may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Any third-party partner company found in violation may have their network connection terminated.
What third parties we receive data from
We do not receive any data from third parties.
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
We do not use any automated decision making and/or profiling.
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
As an Australian legal firm we comply with all applicable laws and standards.